The narrow room is a typical academic’s office – a wall of textbooks, a felt-tip scrawled whiteboard, an espresso machine and a leather chaise longue – but it belongs to a man with atypical views. Jon Danielsson is one of two directors of the new Systemic Risk Centre (SRC) at the London School of Economics, launched in January with a £3.76 million grant from the UK government and a mandate to look for risks that could cause the next financial crisis.
That does not mean Danielsson believes crises
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB