Since the financial crisis, central banks have found themselves in an ever-strengthening spotlight. Aside from their often-controversial roles in setting monetary policy during the most serious postwar economic downturn, they have also taken on new prominence as the guardians of the financial sector.
Changes in regulatory frameworks have meant that in jurisdictions such as the UK and Belgium the central banks will be taking a much more active role in prudential regulation. Not only will they be
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC