Derivatives users will end up in breach of new post-crisis market reforms because of extraterritorial conflicts between regulators, buy-side firms warned at the Risk USA conference in New York earlier today - with one of the problems being proposed guidance on the cross-border application of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission's rules (CFTC).
"It is extremely likely you are going to get financial institutions falling foul of compliance rules in multiple jurisdictions, and not through want
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC