Belgium's minister of finance outlined how politics both create and solve challenges facing Europe's banking sector in a keynote speech at the Risk Europe conference on April 5 in Brussels.
Setting aside his script, Didier Reynders - who is also deputy prime minister in his country - expressed frustration at how slowly the European rescue of troubled countries was progressing.
"It was easier to intervene in the banking sector to protect savings in all countries than to intervene now for sovereig
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data