A wave of cuts at Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) has seen several of the bank’s most senior operational risk managers lose their jobs.
Linda Vanderburgt, the bank’s Toronto-based group-level senior director of operational risk, and Neil Roth, New York-based US head of op risk governance, were among 450 RBC staff to lose their jobs on June 21. Peter Barnes, director of regulatory management for the bank’s combined US operations and internal audit and previously head of US op risk controls and
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- First SOFR term rate coming in 2020
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules