In his new role, Hicks will report to ex-Westpac colleague David Jones, global head of forwards at the bank, who made the same move between the banks in August 2004. Following Jones’ departure last year, Hicks reported to Graeme Edie, who became global head of forwards for Westpac in Sydney.
Meanwhile, Paul Atkinson, formerly head of risk management services at NAB’s subsidiary Yorkshire Bank in Leeds, has left. In his former role, he reported to Richard Golding, head of markets for Europe, based in London.
Atkinson’s duties are currently being covered by a temporary replacement until a successor is found, the bank confirmed.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data