The data management professionals who share their struggles with us—their efforts to raise the quality of data, make governance plans to respond to regulatory mandates and their firms' own internal imperatives, manage unstructured data and investigate data sourcing—all may have a deeper struggle common to any task they attempt, and that is the size and scope of their firms. Like behemoth ocean liners, they need to make turns in long arcs.
For them, any action has to be like a course adjustment,
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019