The Singapore Exchange (SGX) is reattempting a launch of its Asian currency futures offering after its predecessor the Singapore International Monetary Exchange failed to attract interest to its first currency futures offering on the dollar, the pound and the Deutschmark in 1984.
According to Nick Ronalds, managing director and head of equities at the Asian Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (Asifma), the Asian foreign exchange futures market has historically been challenging
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC