Korea Exchange (KRX) is in talks with securities firms about launching exchange-traded notes (ETNs) as early as October this year but a tax issue is proving to be a sticking point in getting the products off the ground.
In November, Korea announced a national plan to strengthen the competitiveness of its financial industry with its '10-10 Value Up' plan which aims to generate 10% of gross domestic product from the financial industry over the next 10 years.
The plan hinges on easing regulatory bu
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data