A lack of local market-makers is one of the most significant barriers for ETFs to become a major investment tool in the Asean region, says Malani Achro, head of international sales at CIMB-Principal Asset Management.
Achro was speaking at the Art of Indexing & ETF Investment Asia Summit in Singapore on Tuesday and said that while there are 93 ETFs listed in Singapore, the number is significantly less in other neighbouring Asean countries. For example, there are four ETFs listed in Malaysia and j
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules