George Walker, global head of the investment management division at Lehman Brothers in New York, pointed to DE Shaw’s diversified portfolio as a reason for its procurement. “The DE Shaw group is a remarkable institution, one which has unique capabilities appreciated by many of our investing clients,” he said. “Our stake in the group, which offers a broad array of alternative and long-only products, is consistent with our pioneering programme of minority positions in world-class investment platforms.”
Lehman Brothers also has minority ownership in multi-strategy and convertible bond specialist GLG Partners, in Marble Bar Asset Management and in emerging markets specialist Spinnaker Capital Group – all London-based – as well as in New York-based commodities specialist Ospraie Management.
DE Shaw won Risk’s Hedge Fund of the Year award for 2007.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules