As dealers increasingly look to cut broker fees by internalising trades, brokers are feeling the pinch. Add in low volatility and shrinking fees, and many brokers have been looking around for new opportunities for growth.
When the chance came for Gottex to snap up RP Martin’s Sweden-based government bond, inflation-linked bond and covered bond business, chief executive officer Spencer Nathan was keen to oblige.
The deal, shortly to be announced publicly, complements Gottex’s existing swaps
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC