Standard Chartered is teaming up with US space agency Nasa to explore the use of quantum computing in portfolio allocation. The aim is to test if quantum computing will produce speed-ups necessary to make it a viable computing option for broader applications such as machine learning and Monte Carlo simulations.
The collaboration, which began in January 2018, was a result of a research proposal from the UK bank on tackling portfolio optimisation, which was accepted by Nasa last year. The space
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?