The editors of Risk magazine and FX Week, in association with Icap, are pleased to announce a unique online video forum in Hong Kong, London and New York that addresses The Impact of Regulation on the Global OTC Market.
The forum brought together leading industry figures from the world's major financial centres in three separate online live video events discussing the key issues from a regional perspective. This is a rare opportunity to gain a truly global perspective on an important range of topics with the potential to affect all OTC market participants.
All three exclusive forum events were broadcast live on 19 October 2010 at 3pm local time.
Issues addressed include:
1. A view on the macro-economic financial position from a prudential perspective
2. Regulatory arbitrage - how likely is it and how can it be prevented and/or managed?
3. Identification of the inherent operational risks associated with using a one-stop clearing house system
4. Settlement risk - what is being done to tackle it?
5. Exploring the implications of algorithmic/automated trading
6. How will OTC derivatives regulation being drawn up in the US and EU affect foreign exchange?
7. Does the FX derivatives market need central clearing?
Hong Kong speakers:
Moderator: Duncan Wood, European editor, Risk magazine
Gerrard Katz, head of FX trading, Standard Chartered Bank
Keith Noyes, regional director, Asia Pacific, International Swaps and Derivatives Association
Chin-Chong Liew, partner,Linklaters
Moderator: Nick Sawyer, editor, Risk magazine
Hubert de Lambilly, global head FX trading, BNP Paribas
Luc Riedweg, head of market and financial stability research division, financial stability directorate, Banque de France
Anthony Belchambers, chief executive officer, Futures and Options Association
John Wilson, managing director & global head, OTC clearing, RBS Global Banking & Markets
Mark Yallop, group chief operating officer, Icap
New York speakers:
Moderator: Mark Pengelly, US editor, Risk magazine
Micah Green, partner, Patton Boggs
Joe Norena, global COO, foreign exchange and metals, global markets, HSBC Bank
David Rutter, deputy chief executive officer, Icap Electronic Broking
Atanas Goranov, CFA, FRM, managing director, derivatives risk officer investments, Guardian Life
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules