UK-based commodity traders face years of regulatory uncertainty as a result of the British public's June 23 vote to leave the European Union, lawyers and regulation specialists say.
"There is a whirlwind of questions and a whole range of possibilities without any clarity on the direction," says Clare Hatcher, a London-based partner at law firm Clyde & Co who advises energy companies on regulation. "We are in a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation because we don't have proposals to suggest how we
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB