Canadian power companies should step up their internal compliance efforts and stand ready to report instances of market misconduct on their own initiative, a senior official at Alberta's electricity market watchdog said at Energy Risk Canada on September 30.
"In my view, it is better to have the people doing the compliance work in companies, not in enforcement agencies," Matt Ayres, deputy administrator and chief economist for Alberta's Market Surveillance Administrator (MSA), said in a keynote
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants