Chicago-based CME Group may well be the pre-eminent US commodity exchange, but it is also hungry for overseas expansion. Recently, the exchange has been making a particularly strong push in Asia – a push that is beginning to pay off, says Martin Fraenkel, its London-based managing director of international energy. The exchange now has 70 employees spread across five locations in the region, and in May last year celebrated the opening of a new office in Beijing.
Recently, one of CME’s biggest
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules