Carbon trading is one of the fastest-growing commodities markets in the financial world.
The global market for trading emissions allowances and carbon credits grew by 81% to reach $87 billion in the first nine months of 2008, according to research carried out by New Carbon Finance, a research company focused on clean energy and carbon trading. Analysts at the company expect to see carbon trading break through the $100 billion barrier before the end of the year.
It is a remarkable story for a fledg
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence