The Gunvor Group was founded in 1997 by Gennady Timtchenko and Torbjörn Törnqvist. Ownership is split evenly between its two founders, and the remainder of the stock held in an employee benefit trust for senior management.
Timtchenko has more than 20 years experience in the oil industry and was one of the first Russians to export oil to Europe after the Soviet Union collapsed.
Törnqvist has traded oil across the world for more than 20 years, beginning his career at oil company BP.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants