Speaking at International Petroleum Week in London, Christof Ruehl, chief economist at BP, predicted a long-term recovery in global oil demand next year, fuelled by the industrialisation of China and India.
Ruehl also predicted that the oil price will remain flat in the short term and the oil market will see a synchronisation with the economic recovery in the medium term.
According to Ruehl, demand will switch from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries to
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?