FirstEnergy and Allegheny announce $8.5bn merger

Following the transaction, which is expected to close within 12–14 months, shareholders of Ohio-based FirstEnergy will own 73% of the combined organisation, with Allegheny shareholders owning the remaining 27%. It will retain the name FirstEnergy and be headquartered in Akron, Ohio.

In addition to producing a projected $16 billion in annual revenues and $1.4 billion in annual net income, the combination will bring together 10 regulated distribution companies with more than 6 million customers and

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact or view our subscription options here:

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to View our subscription options


Want to know what’s included in our free membership? Click here

This address will be used to create your account

Chartis Energy50 2023

The latest iteration of Chartis' Energy50 2023 ranking and report considers the key issues in today’s energy space, and assesses the vendors operating within it

2021 brings big changes to the carbon market landscape

ZE PowerGroup Inc. explores how newly launched emissions trading systems, recently established task forces, upcoming initiatives and the new US President, Joe Biden, and his administration can further the drive towards tackling the climate crisis

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account here