UK energy regulator Ofgem has finalised funding the first tranche of projects, totalling £319 million, from a potential £1 billion package of extra investment in Britain's high-voltage networks.
The funding proposals will enable new generation, much of it renewable, to be connected to the grid, says Stuart Cook, acting senior partner for transmission and governance at Ofgem.
"We have been working with the industry to overcome delays to critical investments and today's funding proposals mark a
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules