A total volume of 300,000 EUA spot contracts were sold, with participants bidding more than six-fold the auction volume. A price of €12.67 ($18.23) per EUA was established. Auctioning of EUA derivatives are due to be launched on January 6.
EEX is set to conduct two weekly auctions from January to October 2010, covering 870,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide in total. A total of 300,000 EUAs will be auctioned off on the spot market and 570,000 EUAs on the derivatives market.
In total, 41 million EUAs
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines