Murkowski, who is the leading Republican on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, announced her intention to file the resolution after the EPA issued an endangerment finding last week that said greenhouse gases (GHGs) threaten the public health and welfare of American citizens. Initially, the endangerment finding will only result in new emissions standards for cars, but it could pave the way for future regulation of heavy emitters in industries such as energy.
"I remain committed to
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules