The Central European Gas Hub (CEGH) and the Vienna Stock exchange, Wiener Börse, have announced the launch of a new gas exchange.
International spot trading will start immediately and there are plans for futures trading to begin in spring 2010.
"The opening of CEGH Gas Exchange of Wiener Börse sets another milestone for the creation of a European gas market and improves the security of gas supply for Austria," says Reinhold Mitterlehner, Austrian minister for economic affairs.
The Vienna Stock
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?