The smart grids industry is set to grow to £27 billion (US$45 billion) over the next five years, and the UK has the know-how to be part of that, according to UK energy and climate change Minister Lord Hunt.
"Smart grids will help manage the massive shift to low carbon electricity such as wind, nuclear and clean fossil fuels," Hunt said commenting on a discussion paper published by the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) on December 2.
Smart grids will give operators and consumers more
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants