The Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE) and the Tokyo Commodity Exchange (Tocom) are to partner in the formation of an emissions trading exchange. Both parties have already signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on comprehensive mutual co-operation in January 2008.
According to a Tocom statement, the agreement has been prompted by the recent financial crisis, which has emphasised the benefits that exchange trading can bring to market development, such as high levels of liquidity and transparency, and
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules