Under plans for the scheme, businesses that use more energy can buy certificates from those that have excess. While it seems rules will need to be put in place to ensure an energy efficiency project can't gain certificates from both this scheme and the CDM, some analysts believe there might be scope for overlap of the two schemes further down the line.
There are concerns the scheme could potentially reduce the incentive for Indian utilities to put forward energy efficiency projects under the CDM
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay