The deal holds further options to acquire the Netherlands-based Borssele nuclear power station for approximately €1 billion. The two parties plan to implement a large-scale advertising campaign to publicise the merger.
Before the merger, changes in legislation meant Essent was forced to unbundle its transmission and distribution networks and a merger with its Dutch competitor Nuon was prohibited by the Netherlands Competition Authority (NMa). Essent was left with the only option of auctioning
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB