Operating across 29 European countries and with plans to expand further into Eastern Europe and Spain, Alpiq is now one of the biggest energy companies in Europe in revenue and production terms.
As the largest Swiss utility, Alpiq supplies more than a third of the country’s electricity and operates power stations in Switzerland, Italy, France, Norway, Hungary and the Czech Republic. The process of consolidating the Atel and EOS businesses under the name Alpiq is ongoing. The merger is expected
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more