“They were not particularly big players,” says weather broker Olivia Goldsmith at energy broker GFInet in London. “They spent a lot of their time marketing to end-users, and will not be missed in the primary market.”
BNP Paribas said on January 13 that it would be pulling out of the growing weather derivatives market. A
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?