Over the past three years, Britain has gone from being an 'energy island' to becoming more dependent on European and worldwide energy markets. Rising prices have therefore hit business and consumers alike.
But there are several important developments this winter that could help to ease pressure on prices. Four major new infrastructure projects will add significant new import capacity (see box). Their total capacity is 146 million cubic metres per day – around 36% of gas demand on a cold day
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines