Ethanol production is undergoing exceptional global growth. In his recent State of the Union address, President Bush proposed that the US produce 20% of its energy from renewable sources, including corn-based ethanol and other bio-fuels used to displace some imported oil. There are currently 112 ethanol plants in operation in the US and another 76 under construction. As this trend continues, it is certain to have a substantial impact on the equilibrium of the global energy markets.
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines