European power generators are turning to wood pellets as a carbon-neutral fuel for use in electricity production. Demand has soared in the last two years, spurred by the European Union Emissions Trading System and Kyoto Protocol targets. In the UK for example, demand has risen from zero in 2004 to more than 1 million tons today, and total European demand is now estimated way above the 3 million tons recorded in 2004.
But as other regions of the world grapple with high oil prices and their own
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia