In last month's UN Climate Change Conference in Montreal, officers of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) took measures to streamline the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) market, which allows European firms to meet part of their reduction targets through investment in emissions reduction in the developing world.
"Montreal has made the CDM programme more accessible," says the head of the emissions desk at a major European utility. "We will see more buyers, and
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines