With the continued upward price trend of natural gas, coal has returned to the forefront as a workable energy source. Demand for coal is escalating and higher profits are causing producers to ramp up production in order to meet demand. Utilities are continuing a slow move toward cleaner coal-burning facilities, while closing those that are unable to meet environmental regulations. After appearing to be an all-but-abandoned resource, coal is reemerging as the other major fossil fuel.
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief