UBS has launched what it claims to be the first index for global markets of emissions allowances. The UBS World Emissions Index (UBS-WEMI) will cover several European emissions trading platforms, all of which are part of the European Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS). Additional emissions programmes will be observed for potential future membership in the index. The index will be published in US dollars, euros and Swiss francs.
The UBS-WEMI has been created as an international benchmark of
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?