Barclays Capital has launched the Barcap Global Carbon Index (BGCI), which tracks the performance of carbon credits associated with major global greenhouse gas emissions trading schemes.
The BGCI comprises a combination of two sub-indexes which track the performance of carbon credits linked to the EU Emissions Trading Scheme (EU Allowances) and the Kyoto Clean Development Mechanism (Certified Emission Reductions). New schemes will be incorporated as they are developed. The index is split 80:20
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines