The trade was cleared by APX, the central counterparty of Climex, and settled through the Swiss National Emissions Trading Register of the Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN) in Bern, Switzerland.
Switzerland’s registry was the second, after Japan’s, to be connected to the international transaction log (ITL) in December 2007. The ITL validates proposed emissions certificate transactions between national registries.
Climex offers spot trading in EU Allowances, CERs, Kyoto Certificates,
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia