The venture is considered an important step towards securing future electricity supply to the UK and reducing CO2 emissions. "Iberdrola is committed to the UK market, and welcomes the UK government's plans to develop new nuclear power plants for low-carbon energy supply," says Pedro Azagra, Iberdrola's director of development.
The venture is the latest boost to the UK's government-backed nuclear renaissance, following EDF's purchase of nuclear generator British Energy, and the announcement last
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights