New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo has subpoenaed five energy companies - AES Corp, Dominion, Dynegy and Xcel Energy and coal producer Peabody Energy - for internal documents.
Cuomo is questioning whether the companies' investors had been fully informed about the possible financial, regulatory and litigation risks resulting from carbon emissions from planned coal-fired power plants.
Several states and the US Congress are pushing for carbon emissions regulation, which could raise costs for
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules