Vattenfall to buy Nuon's production and supply business

Swedish energy company Vattenfall has made an all-cash offer of EUR8.5 billion for 100% of the shares of Dutch company Nuon's production and supply business. Nuon's grid company is not involved in the transaction.

Both companies have agreed that Vattenfall will acquire 49% of the shares initially and have operational control, and the remaining 51% will be acquired over the next six years.

The companies will continue to develop carbon capture and storage projects and offshore wind will remain a key

To continue reading...

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account here: