EDF has set up a carbon fund to diversify its sourcing of carbon dioxide emission allowances. The objective of the fund is to support greenhouse gas reduction projects in emerging countries within the framework of the Clean Development Mechanisms (CDMs) defined by the Kyoto Protocol.
The EDF carbon fund involves EDF and all of its European affiliates (EDF Energy in the UK, Edison in Italy, EnBW in Germany and EDF Trading), which will benefit from the emissions allowances acquired.
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights