The desk is based in London and will cover sugar, wheat, coffee, cocoa, corn and soybean swaps and options markets in US and European time zones.
"A lot of companies who trade energy and environmental products through us also trade softs and agricultural products, and so with the right brokers becoming available it seemed like the right time to extend our experience and expertise into those areas," says Richard Frape, director of market services. "The response has been pretty good so far."
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules