RWE Supply & Trading has begun trading on French exchange Powernext's recently launched natural gas spot market, which has quickly established itself as the most liquid in continental Europe.
In January, RWE became the 11th trading member on Powernext gas spot, and the 12th trading member on Powernext gas futures markets which were launched in November 2008.
In the first 30 trading sessions since its launch on November 26, 2008 to January 1, 2009, Powernext Gas Spot traded 1,081GWh in 836 trades,
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia