In a report released on April 16 entitled "Achieving 2050: A carbon pricing policy for Canada", NRTEE recommended the federal government move quickly to implement a carbon pricing policy to meet its greenhouse gas emission reduction targets for 2020 and 2050.
It proposed establishing an economy-wide cap-and-trade system across all jurisdictions, emissions, and sectors. The scheme should also allow for participation in international markets, according to the report, so Canadian firms and consumers
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules