The 100 millionth certified emission reduction (CER) credit under the Kyoto Protocol's Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) has been issued, "marking an important environmental, development and carbon market milestone on the road to a low-carbon future", according to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
The CDM has been running for two years. "In that short time it has shown its ability to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and stimulate green investment in developing
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules