Storm Exchange, a financial technology company that helps corporations to reduce the financial impact of unplanned weather on earnings, has created an electronic weather exchange based on 500 proprietary, industry-specific weather indices.
It represents, according to the company, the first opportunity for corporations in industries such as agriculture, energy, travel, retail and construction to benchmark the financial impact of weather on earnings, to assess management alternatives, and if
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines