Legislation for Australia's Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme (CPRS) was introduced to parliament on May 14, following the announcement that the CPRS will be delayed by one year until to July 2011, and that the emissions reduction target for Australia has been dramatically increased.
The delay has been implemented to manage the impact of the recession, the government said. According to Minister for Climate Change and Water, Senator Penny Wong, the Australian government is determined to pass the
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay