The review of the EU Biofuels Directive and the potential mandating of biofuel mix in fossil fuels in Germany over the next six months are likely to accelerate the development of biofuels in Europe, says Goldman Sachs in a recent report. The recent strength in the oil price has also significantly improved the relative economics of biofuels. Significant investment activity is already taking place to exploit this opportunity.
Current commercially available biofuel production technology exploits
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?